1) Technology has changed our lives by making it easier. It has changed the way business are runned. It has also 0helped improve medicine. Another thing it has done for us is "being connected" with all o the new social media. I believe it has really made America do whatever is the next "trend". A good example of this would be the Harlem Shake because it is a new phenomenom that everyone is doing because of social media. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=harlem+shake&oq=harlem+shake&gs_l=youtube.3..35i39j0j0i3j0l2j0i3j0l4.46709.49758.0.49928.18.14.2.0.0.0.218.1673.8j5j1.14.0...0.0...1ac.1.KcsCgcYND8Y
2)According to The Center of Media Literacy... media literacy is about helping students become competent, critical and literate in all media forms so that they control the interpretation of what they see or hear rather than letting the interpretation control them.
At first, I believed that media literacy was just having a facebook or twitter page and knowing the lingo that goes along with having a profile or a tweet. Now I realize that it is for using those social media websites and putting education into it also. For example, me typing this blog is me having media literacy. Since I am interpreting how I feel about these questions that I am posting to my blog.
3) I would not consider myself "media literate". Even though I have learned a lot of educational things trough out technology and life lessons, I don't seem to take the time and talk about it through social media. First off, I don't even use Facebook anymore and the only time I am tweeting is when I am watching the Bengals, Cavs, Reds, or Celtics and they either do something good or bad. So I would consider myself a "sports media literate". Being at school is the only time I feel like a media literate.
4)I would have to disagree with Mr. Postman. I believe that he was a man from a time where technology was just starting to improve and that he was just too scared of change. Instead of seeing all of positive things that technology can do, like improving medicine and helping out business all around the world. Postman saw all the negatives thing it can do, like not reading books. I'm not saying that you shouldn't read a book, but why read a book when you can get educated by amazing technology? For instance, the DVD series Planet Earth is very educational and uses technology to the fullest to help us learn about the amazing things nature can do. You wouldn't be able to get all of the those beautiful visual learning's with a book!
No comments:
Post a Comment